Cultural Capital Intent Statement
At Park Road, we ignite curiosity and inspire a love of learning through memorable experiences and exciting challenges, which prepare our children for an ever changing world. We want all of our children to be well-rounded, educated citizens, and so we strive to provide them with opportunities beyond the classroom. As a pupil at Park Road, you will;
- Develop your vocabulary so that you can understand everything you are learning.
- Take part, organise and share learning with parents through exhibitions of your work.
- See learning come to life through a wide range of educational and cultural visits.
- Listen to and appreciate a variety of musical genres through performances in school and visits to musical concerts.
- Learn to play different musical instruments and perform as part of a group or class.
- Visit places of worship and explore different religions.
- Learn about different artists and visit art galleries.
- Have the opportunity to play different sports and represent the school at competition level.
- Have opportunities to be able to explore and learn from the local community.
- Take part in outdoor learning – developing a love of learning about the outdoors and nature whilst building personal capabilities
- Meet people who can widen your understanding of the world.
- Experience different cultures and festivals from around the world.
- Take part in competitions and excel in different areas of the curriculum.
- Experience setting up your own business and making a profit in an Enterprise project.
- Go on a residential trip and experience adventurous and extreme activities in the countryside which develop independence, confidence and resilience.
- Work together to raise awareness of, and money for, a number of local, national and international charities.